Pasadena, MD,United States
Area of expertise
Responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, accurate and timely month-end close, and management reporting. The ideal candidate must be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves professional who excels and flourishes in a quickly changing and highly engaging environment. This role will work within the company to identify, design and implement financial initiatives that support the business needs of the organization. Requires a deep understanding of entrepreneurial cultures and accounting, as well as the ability to help guide decisions and processes with confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute all activities of the finance/accounting department to ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports, including but not limited to internal and external monthly financial statements, budgets v. actuals, and annual audits.
- Ensure that all accounts payable (A/P) are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that the accounts receivable (A/R) activities are operating effectively and efficiently, including accurate and timely management of all A/R aging components (e.g. billings, cash receipts application), to assure that company accounts can accurately fund payroll, A/P and other obligations.
- Fixed Assets: Manage fixed asset process. Ensure all fixed assets are recorded in accordance with Inashco policy, and all expenditures are properly approved and properly tracked. Process all additions, retirements and depreciation entries and fixed asset account analysis. Ensure fixed asset inventory compliance.
- Capital Spending: Update status of projects and place assets into service. Set up and maintain projects within the ERP system.
- Analyze a wide range of financial and accounting data analysis and generate a variety of fifinancial reports in a timely manner relevant to company finances/accounting, budget/forecasting, production metrics, and other matters.
- Assist with the development of the annual budgets and update 12-month forecast.
- Respond to requests from Senior Management and others as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial decisions and needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects, perform ad hoc analysis, and compile a variety of special reports as requested.
- Communicate with all co-workers, management, clients, stakeholders and others in a clear, courteous and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Conform with and abide by all legal and company regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Perform other duties as requested and/or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on accounting and financial reporting experience in a mediumsized company
- Familiarity with GAAP, the accounting cycle, and standard accounting practices required
Special Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, v-lookup and queries; proficiency in all other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity with enterprise accounting systems, particularly MS Dynamics; experience with accounting system implementation preferred
- Familiarity with ADP payroll system
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills; solid interpersonal skills including a collaborative approach to problem-solving, ability to be convincing, maintain a positive attitude and enhance morale
- Extensive experience with financial and accounting reporting in a timely manner, including monthly financial statement reporting
- Strong experience developing internal audit procedures and finance/accounting SOPs to ensure strong checks and balances exist
- Experience collaborating with external auditors and facilitating clean, timely annual financial audits
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work independently at times to achieve results; must be comfortable seeking input and advice where appropriate on financial matters which have or could have a material impact on the business
- Proven experience in applying sound judgment and creativity in planning and achieving goals within one’s areas of accountability
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, as well as precise attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Team player spirit; ability to work well within an international team and foster an environment of cooperation
- Ability to accept and act upon feedback
This position description is intended for the purpose of evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth the full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.